Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken Breast Wrapped In Bacon

What can be better than a dish with bacon in it?? A dish that has bacon and cream cheese in it!! This recipe was inspired by another one that I had seen last week reading a magazine while waiting for an appointment.  Tonight's supper plans changed drastically when I came out of the post office after mailing some packages, and it was downpouring. Originally it was going to be grilled pesto chicken and potatoes. But, either way I needed to go to the grocery store to get chicken. I came up with this while wandering around aimlessly at the store trying to find what I needed.  The result was an amazingly moist chicken breast.


Things you need 
2 boneless skinless chicken breast
4oz cream cheese (room temp)
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
2 jalapenos diced (I used my sweet pickled jalapenos)
4-6 slices of bacon 

1)Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2) Combine cream cheese, cheese, and jalapenos in a bowl
3)Place the chicken on the cutting board and create a pocket where you can put the cheese mixture in it
4) Split the cheese mixture in half and squish into the chicken making sure none of it is exposed
5) Lay out the bacon, wrap the chicken breast, and place in oven safe pan
6) Put the pan in the oven for 30 minutes*.



*Side note: I ended up covering mine because my no matter what I do when I cook bacon in the oven my smoke detector goes off even if the bacon isn't burnt. With my bacon issue, I then transferred it to a frying pan and browned off the bacon.  

The next time making this I will be adding more spice. This is a very quick, simple meal for a weeknight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment