Sunday, August 11, 2013

Overnight Crockpot Oatmeal

I am trying to get back on the healthy streak that I was on a while ago. After all, I can't look like an Oompa lumpa in my wedding pictures next summer. I love to eat and drink that is the problem I have always had.  I am fairly active, but I hate the gym.

I tried a new recipe last night to encourage me to eat breakfast during the week, and it will be utterly simple and on the go.

Apple Pie Overnight Oats
2 apples
2 cup old fashioned oats or Steel cut oats
4 cups water
1/3 c brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon ( I will be putting more next time)

1) Spray the inside of crockpot before starting. I didn't do this, and now the pot is soaking in the sink in hot soapy water.
2) Core, cube and put apples in the bottom of a pot
3)Add brown sugar, cinnamon, oats, and water
4) Turn on low and cook for 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment